45 WEST 7TH
- Inspired by mid-century modern design, the proposal has a strong focus on creating a unique, memorable and inspiring work environment while creating highly functional areas for both industrial and office uses. Connection to the neighbourhood is encouraged by landscape design, large terraces and set back upper levels.
Solar shading design combined with planted balconies become part of the building expression and visual identity, emphasizing the passive sustainable benefits.
The combination of usable outdoor amenity area and landscape design have been primary elements of the brief from the outset. Implemented on both north and south facades the areas reinforce the mid-century ideals of indoor-outdoor living. The terraced north facade combined with the setback south facade reduces the depth of the floor plate and provides more daylight for the office spaces. The terraces are designed with ample depth for all uses and to provide active street facing facades for the neighbourhood.
- Building Type: Office | Flex Industrial
- Location: 45 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
- Neighbourhood: Mount Pleasant
- Size: 48,000 SF | 4 Storeys
- Status: Pre-Construction